The OnlyFans Apocalypse Survival Guide for Creators
You might find the title a bit dramatic, but to tell you the truth: Many OnlyFans creators are experiencing an existential crisis right now. From one day to the other, their financial future became uncertain. That’s enough to shock anyone.
While our last article focused on our predictions for the post-OnlyFans world, this time we’re talking about action. This is what you as a creator must do now, not only to survive but to emerge more successful than you were before. Remember: Every crisis brings new chances. It’s up to you to take them. Let’s take a deep breath and get started!
Action #1: Diversify your Revenue Streams
In other words: You must find a way to find other ways of income. Are you only selling pics & vids now? Time to diversify. Here are some examples of what other creators are doing:
- Make cam shows if you feel comfortable with live content.
- Are some of your content more art-like and less sexually explicit? Start a Patreon and have your most loyal fans subscribe there as well.
- Make different kinds of content, for example, spoken audio or ASMR that you can sell on your Patreon as well (make sure it’s not too explicit).
- Double down on selling custom videos.
- Sell worn clothes, shoes, nylons, etc. (obvious, but worth a mention).
- If you don’t have an Amazon Wishlist already, make sure to create one now.
Action #2: Find a Replacement for OnlyFans
At the time of writing (mid-August 2021) it’s still unclear which platform will become the new number one after OnlyFans is gone. As I already explained in my previous article, the choice of your main platform is crucial for the future of your business. In short, you want to be present where the majority of your target audience will be. It’s much easier to make someone subscribe to your account if they’re already signed up to the platform.
So, what platform should you choose? All of them, but put your focus on one.
Here is what you need to do:
- Look at what the biggest creators are doing. They are in the position to move a lot of their subscribers over to their new platform!
- Browse the Reddit profiles of creators who produce similar content as you do. Where are most of them going?
- Create accounts in the five most common platforms you’ve seen and verify there. There’s a good chance you won’t need those accounts, but at least you have your account name registered.
- Start uploading a selection of your best content to all platforms and create pricing or subscriptions similar to what you did on OnlyFans.
- If you already have a favorite, add more content there.
- Keep updating your OnlyFans account like usual, at least for the next few weeks. This will give you the chance to wait and see on what platform you gain the most subscribers.
- Tip: Run a poll on your OnlyFans and ask your subscribers what platform they like best!
Action #3: Build a Website for your Links
How are people supposed to find your content on all those platforms? Create a small website, for example on allmylinks.com. There you can add links to your Amazon wishlist, your social media profiles, and of course to all the video platforms you sell your content on.
From now on, you’ll promote this page on all your marketing channels, for example, Reddit, TikTok, Instagram, Twitter…
Having a central place for all your links makes it easier for you to promote multiple platforms at the same time. If you want to be even more professional, you should buy a domain (e.g., www.yourcoolusername.com) and connect it to your new website. If this sounds too complicated, drop me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and I’ll help you out.
Action #4: Move your Subscribers
In a few weeks when the dust has settled, it’s time to pick the main platform. Upload all the content from your OnlyFans account there and then start moving your paying subscribers.
Don’t expect every single one to subscribe to your new profile, but you can make it more attractive for them:
- Send a mass message on OnlyFans with instructions on how to find your new profile.
- Add a code that your subscribers can use to get a video for free as a reward on the new platform.
- Lower the price on the new platform for one or two weeks.
- Cross your fingers and hope they’ll follow you!
Action #5: Promote your new Account properly
Let’s face it: You can expect to lose between 40%-80% of your subscribers when you move to the new platform. So it’s important to bounce back from that loss!
The market for NSFW creators has become more and more competitive over the last year and basic marketing techniques are simply not effective anymore. If you want to stand out from the competition and grow your account even bigger than it was before the OnlyFans apocalypse, you need a good strategy based on hard facts and data.
Luckily, that’s exactly what the tease app does. No, we’re not one of those sleazy companies that want you to pay them for marketing your account (with measly results). Instead, we’re developing a marketing platform exclusively for NSFW creators to effectively promote your content on Reddit. Get massive exposure by creating #1 Hot posts, discover the best Subreddits to reach your actual audience, manage all your promo material in one place, while never getting blocked from a Subreddit ever again.
Interested in how you can leap ahead of your competition? Fill out our survey and join the exclusive group of our first users!